Wednesday, August 31, 2011

In the Kitchen

Now that the weather is finally cooling off a little, I've been spending more time in the kitchen.

I made no-knead bread. This is an Artisan style bread with a crusty outside and a soft middle.

Lots of air bubbles make the bread light.

This is an oatmeal bread.

It worked well for sandwiches and toast.

After being at my parents for the weekend, I brought home extra garden produce. I got nine pints of tomato juice out of the box of tomatoes.

Dad picked lots of cucumbers, and I've done up seven jars of refrigerator pickles.

I'm supposed to wait four days before I can eat them.

I still have many cucumbers left, but I ran out of suitable jars.

I took home three large zucchinis. I made some blueberry zucchini bread and muffins. Yes, a certain four year old tried to sample the bread while it was cooling on the counter. I added the rest of what was shredded to the baked spaghetti we had for supper. I still have two zucchinis left.

Wednesday is dessert night at our house, so I made up some chocolate chips bars--always a favorite!

No comments: