Thursday, August 11, 2011

Garden Visitor

We had a visitor in our garden a few days ago. Unfortunately, it ate most of the leaves off of my green beans. I guess it's a good thing I didn't plant more after all.

Deer tracks

Not many leaves left

It also ate the tops of a few carrots, so we pulled most of them and ate them in stir fry.

Not much to look at, but fun to eat!

We have four eggplant plants, three that are dark purple, each with several blossoms but no eggplants. The fourth has greener leaves, and I finally found an eggplant growing this week. It's about the size of an egg and is purple with white stripes.


The peas haven't done great in the heat, but we did harvest a handful this week.


More peppers keep appearing on various plants. This plant is growing long and skinny peppers.


I see tomatoes here and there starting to turn orange, so by next week we'll be eating fresh tomatoes!

No comments: