Saturday, August 13, 2011

Couch to 5K, Week 9

I'm still a week behind in updating about the 5K. I went into Week 9 questioning why I was running. I didn't feel like going out, I was feeling frustrated about my slow time, and I am still not running a 5K distance. I made myself get out and do Week 9 anyway, with a 5 minute warm-up, 30 minute run and 5 minute cool down. I ran on Monday, Thursday and Saturday.
The weather all week was in the 70's and humid. Not great running conditions, but when reading about others running in 90's and humid I can't complain too much.
The music was a little repetitive this week, not too interesting, but I just got in a zone with running and wasn't very focused on the music.
Despite a reluctance at the beginning of the week to continue the Couch to 5K program, I did it anyway, and have now completed the program!
Do I stop running? Keep going? Try for more speed and distance? I'll let you know in my next C25K update!

More wildflowers on the way home

2 comments:

Meagan @ Mommy to 5k said...

30 minutes of running, slow or not, is awesome!! Congratulations on finishing the program! And I am SO jealous of your 70 degree runs! :)

Melisa Bryant said...

Way to go. Think about where you started and how far you've come.