Monday, August 8, 2011

Couch to 5K, Week 8

I'm still catching up--Week 8 of C25K fell during vacation, so I actually ran while we were on vacation! It wasn't a very exciting place to run, just on the side of the road. On Monday, the sun was HOT on my face. Wednesday was more overcast and not quite so hot. I didn't want to run on my last day of vacation (Friday), so I waited until we were home on Saturday to finish week 8.
Week 8 is a 5 minute warm-up walk, 28 minute run, 5 minute cool down. I did it at my usual slow pace without too much trouble. One week left!
My reward this week was finding wild raspberries on the trail during my cool down walk.

2 comments:

Meagan @ Mommy to 5k said...

Wow! That's so great! I've had a few minor set backs the past 2 weeks, but I am strapping on my runners tomorrow morning and hitting the pavement! Congrats on only one week left! Will you be running a 5k?

Jenny said...

Meagan--I'm working on my speed now as I'm still dreadfully slow. I'm keeping my eyes open for a run in a month or so. Happy running!