Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Beyond Couch to 5K, Return to Week 2

I returned to week two, with six 90 second runs followed by 2 minute walks.
The first day was hot again, 79 degrees at the end of my run. I added about five minutes of run time at the end of the regular week 2 podcast.
The second day had lower humidity, so it was a little more pleasant to run.
The third day I did a longer run again, but it was not a great running day. I think I stayed up too late the night before, waiting for Barry to get home and caught up in the Internet drama. My knees weren't happy, either.
What I have liked about following along with the podcasts each week is having someone tell me exactly what to do--when to run, when to walk, when it's time to cool down. Now I'm the one making more of those decisions. I'm trying to push myself to run faster (at least faster than I did the first nine weeks of the program) and longer. I don't want to talk myself into walking just a little farther rather than running at the end. It's still a challenge, and it's still not easy. I'm at a strange paradox where on one hand, I don't feel like running, but on the other hand I look forward to it.

Almost home!

No comments: