Thursday, August 4, 2011

Couch to 5K, Week 7

I'm still catching up after vacation last week! Week 7 of C25K is a five minute warm-up, 25 minute run, five minute cool-down for all three days.
The first day was about 72 degrees with 70 degree dew point and high humidity. Many times I wanted to stop and walk, but I kept going. I was literally dripping sweat by the end.
Day two went a little better, although I speed walked about 5 seconds at the end of the second hill.
Day three it was 79 degrees at the end of the run. I was lucky enough to get to run past a house that had sprinklers on, so I got a bit of cold watered sprinkled on me. No speed walking this time, just slow jogging. At the end a nasty deerfly bit me on the shoulder. Ouch!
The music this week was a little weird. One song had maniacal laughing like you might hear in a horror movie. It's a good thing I don't run in the woods or I would have been a little freaked out. Another song had the sound of a puttering old car. Just plain weird.

The homestretch, when I can finally stop running and slow down to a walk

No comments: