Friday, August 5, 2011

Garden 2011

After getting back from vacation, I found the plants in our garden had done a whole lot of growing.

A cluster of four cherry tomatoes, almost ready to eat! (And we did a day or so later--can't beat a the taste of a home grown tomato!)

More tomatoes growing larger

A cluster of Roma tomatoes

At one point, this plant looked dead. I almost pulled it out, but left it and it grew new leaves. We may get tomatoes from it after all!

Green beans. I wish I had planted more!

Blossoms and tiny green beans; almost a week later and some are almost ready to pick!

The elusive eggplant. I've seen several blossoms, but still no actual eggplant

Carrots; Raina asks me all the time if they're ready yet. The kids love to just wash them off and eat them raw.

Beets; I love the color of the leaves--green with purple throughout. I pulled most of these out today and will cook them soon.

I think this is a banana pepper. I need to figure out how to know when I should pick peppers, and how to use them.

These might be jalapenos, although I'm not sure

Blossoms on the pea plant; only a few days later and I've seen at least a dozen peas; I'll be picking some in the next week I'm sure. Again, the kids love to eat these raw, straight from the garden.

The tomato plants keep growing and growing. Bring on the tomatoes!

First garden harvest of the year: beets!

No comments: