Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sunrise, May 5

This was the first Sunday morning I've been out this year that's been above freezing--34 degrees!  It was cloudy and foggy, so I didn't see the sun rise at 5:45 a.m.  Earlier in the week, the sunset lit up the clouds:



Quite a contrast to the gray, misty morning:



The water flowing to the lake has slowed down a bit.  A log in just the right place allowed me to walk across instead of walking around on the road.



 
I briefly considered jumping across to this rock, but visions of landing in the water stopped me
Peeling bark

Shrouded in mist


This week, I was fascinated by the drips on branches

I could barely see the island

A washed up plastic lemon.  Other "unnatural" things I saw: a pair of gloves, a tent stake, and a piece of a toy truck.

The fog rolled in even heavier



Water droplets on the feather act as a magnifier


Sign of spring: pussy willows!


Cat eyes

There's a lot to look at again now that the snow is gone!

Multiple drips

Drips on pussy willows



Empty nest

Lots of pussy willows across the road

Time to go

When I got home, this deer was in the neighbor's yard.  She ran away for a bit . . . 

then stopped and looked at me.  They sure blend in the dead grass!

Well, that's a lot of photos for one post!  I have a bunch more of the driftwood that washed up on the shore I'll have to share in my next post.

No comments: