Friday, May 3, 2013

Sunrise, April 28

The morning really felt like spring--30 degrees, and when the sun rose at 5:54 a.m., the birds were chirping, the seagulls squawking, and the geese honking.  Until the seagulls came back in February, it was quiet around sunrise.


Now I can see what's been under the snow all winter

The Lake Superior Delta

Melting snow leads to run-off draining into the lake





Someone lost a sock

Birds

I LOVE this picture of the geese with the moon

I was standing on top of a hill when these geese flew over my head.  I could hear their wings moving they were so close.



Heading north!

There must have been a sign here at one point

The water is so clear

Peeling bark

The tree I though would never be straight again?  It recovered.

Interesting piece of bark, surrounded by rocks

It took me a bit to figure out this was the remains of a bird



The difference of a couple minutes

Seagull tracks in the sand
 
I was playing around with settings to capture this mini waterfall, trying to figure out how to best use shutter speed, aperture and ISO.

Usually I can walk across, but the water was too wide so I had to walk on the road to get around

The concrete barrier didn't stop me

No comments: