Sunday, August 11, 2013

Tall Timber Days 5K

I've written here about my Couch to 5K journey that started in summer 2011.  The first week of August was week 9 for this summer's Couch to 5K training I did, and I finally ran a 5K!  Our family picked a 5K in Grand Rapids to coincide with our vacation.  The race started at 8 a.m., so we were up bright and early to make the hour drive to Grand Rapids for the race. 

My goal was to run the whole race and to finish in about 42 minutes, or around a 14 minute pace.  I ran the whole way except for the last hill at the end, when I walked for about 20 seconds or so.  I finished in 42:11 with a pace of 13:36.  It was great at the finish line when people cheered you on through the finish.  Overall, a good experience, and I would consider doing another 5K some day.

Ready to run!

Mom and daughters

After the race with Jackson

Jackson ran without doing much training

The group of us: me, Abby and Jason (and Lucy, who hung out with Melisa during the race), Jackson, Mom, Preston, Tony and Ashley

I had to laugh at this picture, where none of us (except Ashley) took a good picture

No comments: