Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sunrise, July 7

Sunrise: 5:17 a.m.
Temperature: Low 50's
With the rain and dense fog we've had from Saturday through Tuesday, I haven't seen the sun rise.  I set my alarm for early on Sunday morning, but it was raining and thundering, so I went back to sleep.  I did go out around 6 a.m. on Monday for my morning run.  I took my camera in a backpack so I could take photos for the week.




Usually I can see the island behind this rock, but I couldn't even see an outline of it this morning







Wild rose in the ditch




ATV tracks on the beach




Ground level

Solid as a rock

Driftwood collection

Fire pit


These trees are throughout the woods; I don't know what type they are, though

The ferns have grown tall--about neck height in some cases!

The big rocks were enough for me to cross the stream

Unfortunately the sand was so saturated with water that I sank down and lost my balance, falling to my knees.  All part of the adventure!

Random jaw bone

The long road home

Daisy

More wildflowers

Bright and cheery on the dreary, foggy day

No comments: