Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sunrise, July 20

Sunrise:  5:29 a.m.
Temperature: Low 50's (felt great after the heat and humidity we had during the week!)

I skipped the week of the 14th because Sunday was completely overcast and  Monday was raining. I'm disheartened that this may be my last set of photos from this location as North Shore Mining has posted no trespassing/violators will be prosecuted signs in the area.  I'm not sure what led the them cutting off access--speculation runs from missing kayakers to trash being left behind to ATV's tearing up the land, but the town is in a bit of an uproar over it.  Hopefully North Shore Mining will reconsider.  Until then, I'll be trying a different location.

This week, the sky was clear with one lone cloud hovering in the sky.



A group of birds was swimming near the shore, but they never let me get too close

 



Once the sun rises above the horizon, it becomes too bright for good pictures.  Some photographers use filters to diffuse some of the light.  I don't have filters for my camera, so I used sunglasses that turned the color from orange to pink and purple.

Every year the school's PTO hosts the Salmon Classic fishing contest, so I saw quite a few boats out

Bark on rocks

The driftwood is interesting, but what I really like about this photo is the bubbles in the water

Accidental spider web: I didn't even notice the spiderweb when I was taking the photo; I only saw it when I looked at the photos later on my computer

I like how the light gradually changes from the lower right to the upper left

Love these flowers


No comments: