Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sunrise, June 2

It was 46 degrees when the sun rose at 5:12 a.m.  Heavy clouds hovered at the horizon, but cleared further up in the sky.


With all the rain we had the previous week, much water is flowing into the lake

 
Leaves! Not buds!


As I stood on top of the hill, I watched the clearing area in the upper left move across the sky



More leaves!





 


This tree is back in the lake again

May 19 it was on the beach

 May 12 it was in the lake

Lots of debris

These two little birds seemed to enjoy the water washing over their feet

Still waiting for leaves to emerge

An old tin cylinder of some sort

The fiddleheads grew taller this week

Continuing my biology education, these are the fiddleheads of the interrupted fern

These are from the lady fern

The fiddleheads are not as tightly curled as they were the previous week

A bird rests on a branch

I don't know what kind of tree this is but is has pretty red buds? or blossoms?


When I was ready to leave, I heard geese honking, and found a goose family swimming in the lake


The clouds cleared enough that the sun lit up the trees on the distant hill

Picked clean

The clouds continue to clear to the south, with a very distinct line between clear and dark, brooding clouds

I stopped again at the "duck pond" where I saw two mallard duck drakes, a pair of blue-winged teals, and a lesser scaup.





The sky and clouds reflected in the pond

No comments: