Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sunrise, June 9

When I'm by the lake in the morning, I hear birds all around me.  I can never get close enough to get great pictures, because they fly away.  So when I saw this bird outside my bathroom window, I grabbed my camera.


Back at the lake, the sun rose at 5:09 a.m.  The skies were mostly clear, with a temperature of 37 degrees.



I saw something swimming--an otter? beaver? something else?  Before I could get too close, it went under water and disappeared.




Heading north



As I arrived at the top of a hill, the sun was just starting to show



More tents on the beach, fire still smoldering 

Same tree as last week--it's going to take some big waves for the tree to make it out of the lake

 Usually I like some context around the lake--islands, trees, shoreline, sky--but here the texture of the water and the reflection of the sun just work for me

Shredded

Stripped

Peekaboo!

Someone must have set up some type of game here

I haven't done much camping, and I didn't know there were so many different types of tents


The fiddleheads got much taller this week

At one point will they be ferns?


Maple leaves emerging

Beautiful blossoms

More leaves emerging

I had to jump across the water to get to the other side

A banged-up baseball bat

No comments: