Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sunrise, February 10

The sun rose at 7:19 a.m., but I didn't see it.  The sky was completely overcast, and it was 25 degrees outside.

Since I couldn't take photos of the sunrise, I looked around for interesting ice formations.  I also watched a bald eagle fly back and forth during the time I was there.


Remember how thick the ice was the previous week?

I haven't been walking on the rock beach much since we've had snow.  The rocks are around basketball-sized, and are slippery to walk on.  When they're covered in snow, it's hard to tell what is rock and what is snow.  But this time, I took it slow and made my way across to the big rock.

The waves must have been big to wash up on the shore and melt snow up to 20 feet or so

 
Looks like the frozen tundra




This leaf/plant is entirely encased in ice


Iced pebbles

Layers of iced pebbles




No comments: