Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sunrise, January 6

I feel such anticipation when I'm getting ready to go to the lake in the morning.  Will it be calm and quiet, or will the waves be crashing on the shore?  It's always a new experience, even though I visit the same location week after week.  This week it was 16 degrees outside, and the waves were rolling to shore one after the other.

I parked on the road this time, so I wouldn't have trouble leaving!

The waves cut off the icicles I saw last week






   
Lots of tracks in the snow, although I can't identify most of them

The path to the rock beach--some human tracks, but mostly wildlife

Maybe I should have titled this post Splash








Again, I love watching the waves form, and build, until they crash on the shore.






I think that's enough photos for one post, but I have more to share another day!

No comments: