Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sunrise, November 24

It's been a year since I first started taking Lake Superior sunrise pictures. I'd like to think I've learned a lot about my camera in that year, but I also have more learn. So I'll keep on practicing! I finally made it out last weekend after a couple cloudy Sundays in a row.  I had to get out all my warm winter clothes because it was 0 degrees.  The sun rose at 7:22 a.m.  I stayed close to home, driving to the marina.

I first tried the safe harbor area, but the sunrise was a little hard to see


I went to the overlook instead, where the sun lit up the sky despite some pretty heavy clouds

Rocky coast

Not a bad view


Lots of carvings on the fence

Leaves are gone, but the berries hang on

Boat launch

Ice forming on the shallow waters

Almost looks like an aerial view

Back at home, the plants and flowers now look sepia-toned

No comments: