Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sunrise, November 3

With Daylight Savings Time ending, the sunrise was earlier again this week at 6:51 a.m.  When I first got up and looked outside, the sky was brilliant orange.  It was 21 degrees outside with frost on the windshield again, so I let the car warm up a few minutes.  I decided to go to Split Rock Lighthouse.  When I got there, I had to fill out a state park permit form, hurrying anxiously as the bright orange gradually faded.




Frosty roof as the sun shines on the foghorn building

Shoreline looking south

There's the sun already!

The chain link/barbed wire fence gets in the way of the view


The sun lights up the lighthouse

The clouds reflect in the window

Foghorns

The sun also subtly lights up the trees


Crazy tree growth

Looking up the 100+ steps I descended to get to the shore. I opted to take the trail back for a more gradual rate up the hill.

The steps follow the path of the old tramway that used to bring supplies from boats on the shore up the hill to the lighthouse

Looking up toward the lighthouse

Just a few leaves still on the tree

 That's a big rock!

A small plane flew by

I like the silhouette against the morning sky


Fall meets winter




Sunlight brings out the red in these leaves


A glimpse of the sun through the trees

No comments: