Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sunrise, March 17

The sky was a beautiful red when I got to the lake.  The sun rose at 7:15 a.m., and the day started out cold at -18 degrees.  I'm ready for spring and warmer weather, but I will miss the intriguing ice.



Another car was on the road when I arrived, and two men were set up with a tripod and camera, enjoying the Lake Superior sunrise.

Sunrise over the hill



These leaves have managed to hang on all winter


Ice in many forms:

Icicles hanging down from a rock

A piece of ice on the shore

Ice covers the lake

Looking like broken glass on top of rocks

This is called pancake ice


Sand/ice/snow pile, looking out to island beyond


I'm captivated ice piles left behind when others have melted

The rotting tree remains looks like a zombie arm or a long, skinny wing 

Serenity

No comments: