Sunday, July 15, 2012

Garden Corner

When we built our garden boxes and landscaped around them this spring, we put this adirondack chair in one corner.  I like to sit there, reading on my Kindle, when the kids are playing outside.  I can look over my garden and see how everything is growing.


Sometimes I even let the kids sit in "my" chair

Garden view from the chair

Tomato box--they have blossoms, so I'm anxious to start seeing little tomatoes!  There are also three sunflowers behind the tomatoes.  The tallest one is taller than Remy now.

Green beans, butternut squash, cabbage.  I've never grown cabbage before, and the leaves have lots of holes in, but I can see little cabbages forming in the middle.  Hopefully at least one will grow to full size.

Peas, carrots, beets, zucchini, and cucumbers.  Plus a second planting of radishes.  The beets and radishes are almost ready, and once they're picked the cucumbers and zucchini will have more room to grow.  The peas are full of blossoms, so we'll be eating them soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice garden!! Also I love "the chair".