Monday, June 20, 2011

Couch to 5K, Week 2

I made it through week two of the Couch to 5K program. This week alternated 1 1/2 minutes jogging with 2 minutes brisk walking six times. With the exception of the first day when I walked the last 5-10 seconds of one of the (uphill) jogging segments, I complete all 1 1/2 minute jogging segments.
The hills were still hard, and my calves were burning by the time I reached the top. While I was breathing pretty heavy at the end of each jog, I have been able to recover by the end of each walk segment. At the end of each day and the five minute cool down, I'm feeling great! In fact, I seem to get a nice energy pickup for the rest of the day on days I run.
I liked the last song on this podcast, with strings and piano and lyrics that said something like "the sun is shining bright, it's such a great day!"

No comments: