Friday, March 11, 2011

Smells Like Boy

Sometimes I just have to laugh at what kids come up with. The other day, Remy washed off his Spiderman guy in the bathroom and then asked me to smell it. I told him it smelled good, like flowers. He looked rather disgusted with me and told me no, it smelled like boy! I asked him what boys smell like, and he replied, "Motor oil." Okay, then!

It felt great to be outside earlier this week with the temp above freezing. The boys had so much fun playing in the snow, falling knee-deep into drifts, and sledding down the tiny hill in the backyard.

We tried quinoa for the first time this week. I made a recipe for Quinoa with Carrots and Raisins. It was okay, but kind of a strange flavor combination. Next week I think I'll try making some for breakfast.

My parents were here this week, before/during/after their stay on the Gunflint Trail north of here. They got to see Jackson's band concert on Monday night.

Raina's class did a play on Thursday during school. Unfortunately, Raina did not get to participate as I got called to pick her up early after she got sick at school.

Barry will finally be home in a couple days after being on the road to New Mexico, Texas and Tennessee for nearly three weeks. We're all ready to have him back again!



Sorry for the sideways videos--apparently I need to hold my phone differently when video taping.

No comments: