Wednesday, March 16, 2011

2011 Goals, March Update

Time for another update!

Spiritual Goals:
At the end of January, I was through chapter 4 of Proverbs. At the end of February, I was on chapter 17. A couple verses I've found especially interesting:
16:31--Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.
17:1--Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife.
17:12--Better to meet a bear robbed of her cubs than a fool in his folly.
As a family, we started reading the Family Bible I got a few years ago. The stories are straight from the Bible and are long enough to be a substantial reading, but short enough to keep the kids' attention.

Marriage
Same as February's updated: it's Barry's busy time of year for work, so I don't see a weekend getaway in the near future. Probably in the summer, when I can send the kids to grandma's for a night or two!

Family
I played Boggle with Jackson, Zingo with Remy and Guess Who? with Raina and Jackson. It's hard to have a dedicated family game night when the kids play at different levels.

Personal
The first part of my 40 by 40 list is posted below!

Financial
My coupon jar had $55.06 at the end of February. I'm using the money to buy things that contribute to a healthier lifestyle. In February I bought Kashi cereal at full price without a coupon (most cereal I buy is on sale with a coupon), natural peanut butter (made without partially hydrogenated oils) and quinoa, a grain that is a complete protein.

Health and fitness
I exercised 9 days in February. I was sick the better part of one week and didn't exercise at all that week. I did not lose any weight. Therefore, my goal for March is to exercise a minimum of four days per week.
Still working on the sweets, trying to find the balance between moderation and depriving myself and then going overboard.
Have been doing pretty well eating fruits and veggies.
Not losing hope! Just trying to make lots of little changes that will eventually lead to a healthier lifestyle.

Cleaning/organization
I followed the JustMommies task calendar and did many of the same jobs as I did in January--wiped down kitchen cabinets and pantry, swept entrance ways, wiped down kitchen chairs, wiped down baseboards in living room, cleaned the oven and stove top, cleaned toaster, coffee maker and small kitchen appliances, dusted kitchen light fixtures and cleaned refrigerator and microwave.

No comments: