Wednesday, October 7, 2009

September Walking

I made a goal that when the kids started school, I would walk every school day in September. Out of 17 school days, I walked 14. The last three days of September the weather was changing from nice to cold, blustery and rainy. I did, however, work out with Gilad on FitTV on two days and did an All Star yoga workout on the other day. The nice thing about FitTV is I can DVR the shows and do the workouts on my time (around 9:30 a.m. instead of 5 a.m.). I can also do it in the privacy of my own home, without feeling uncoordinated and self-conscious in a gym setting--as if there's a gym around here! The scale is slow to budge, but I will not be deterred!
I had hoped to walk in October as well, but cold mornings and rainy days have made that tough. I guess I'll stick with Gilad. It's probably a better overall workout, anyway. In 1/2 hour, he does a warm up, aerobics, floor work (crunches, leg lifts, etc.) and cool down. I usually feel a little sore the next day, so I think some good is being done. For better results, I should probably work on my sweet tooth.

No comments: