Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Baby Food

I bought jarred baby food for Jackson, Raina and Remy. It was convenient, and I could always find it for a decent price. Now I have fewer shopping options and less competitive pricing, so I've been making most of Ollie's baby food. Last week I made pears, sweet potatoes and peas. It's very easy--basically just cook the food and puree it in the blender, freeze in ice cube trays, and store in the freezer. One cube is about one ounce. A great resource for anyone to explore making baby food is Wholesome Baby Food.

Look at that nice bright green color!

Cubes are frozen, ready to go.

1 comment:

Rebecca: said...

I made all of Lydia's baby food and have already started on Asha's (even though she is not eating yet). I like to do it while the fruits and veggies are in season so I can get them locally, and like to make some from our garden too. I feel like it is such a cost-effective, healthy alternative. I could go on and on...but I will not bore you any more!