Thursday, April 9, 2009

Catching Up

Jackson (and Raina) has spring break this week, so we went visiting over the weekend. We left after school on Friday, didn't have to make any stops along the way, and made it to my parents in 3 hours. On Saturday, we visited my grandparents and aunt for "coffee" and then went to Melisa's house, which I hadn't seen yet since they moved in last December. Jackson stayed there and spent the night with Preston, Ashley came home with us, and Abby came over that evening.
On Sunday we went to church, then ate chili with my family. Later in the day we went to Barry's parents for ham, cheese and milk (according to Remy). Remy was fascinated with the ladybugs that are so prolific in central MN. Jackson watched Wrestlemania and he and Barry spent the night there.

On Monday we stayed home in the morning, then mom, the kids and I did a little shopping after lunch. Barry and Jackson did their own shopping and went to the Twins game. They drove home after the game.

On Tuesday, we got packed up and the kids and I ate breakfast at Perkins with mom and dad. Then we headed home--no stops on the way this time, either.
The kids love playing with Rosie, mom and dad's dog. We were only gone for four days, but I feel like I've been catching up around here since then--unpacking, laundry, getting back into our routine.

No comments: