Friday, February 13, 2009

Deals of the Day

Jackson didn't have school today, so I decided to be brave and take all 4 kids grocery shopping with me. I knew Jackson could push the cart for the groceries while I pushed a cart with Remy and Ollie in it. I had my detailed list and coupons all ready, and we were out the door by 10 a.m.
First we went to Pamida because they had double coupons again this week. I ended up getting free Huggies wipes (on sale for $1.99, $1 coupon doubled made them free), Trident gum ($1.17 with $0.75 coupon, meaning they paid me $0.33 for the gum) and cheap Old Spice deoderent (on sale 2/$5 with $1 coupon, so they ended up being $1.50 each). I also got $2 off Advil, razors and Cover Girl makeup.

Then we went to Super One. I had coupons from a Kraft Foods internet game for a free box of Nabisco crackers, free Kraft cheese, and free Planters product. By shopping sales and using other coupons, I saved a total of $75, or 28% of my grocery bill. The kids were surprisingly well-behaved: Ollie slept the whole time, Remy didn't try to get out of the cart, Raina didn't dawdle, and Jackson did a great job keeping up and pushing the heavy cart around.

We went to Subway for lunch because Jackson had a certificate from school for a free kid's meal, and I knew Ollie would want to eat before we made it home. Ollie was sleeping when we got home, so I got the groceries put away with Raina's help, laundry sorted, and dishes done. All in all, a pretty productive day.

No comments: