Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sunrise, December 8

After checking the forecast for the weekend, I decided to go out on Saturday morning because there was snow predicted for Saturday night into Sunday.  It was a chilly 12 degrees when I left the house, but I bundled up with leggings under fleece pants and my down-filled Lands End coat that I got a great deal on last winter.  The sunrise was at 7:39 a.m.,  but the cloud cover right at the horizon blocked the sun.  The sky and clouds above still turned pink and orange, though.

 When I first got to the beach, a bit of color on the horizon

 
I like to take pictures of objects that could be letters.  Some day I'll have the whole alphabet, but this stick could be a "y" or turned upside-down, an "h".

Rock glazed over with ice

I climbed on this big rock from the far side, and sat at the front by the lake while the sun rose

I never get tired of listening to the waves break on the shore

 As the sun rose, the clouds started to turn pink

 A rusty old barrel nearly hidden in the hillside

I climbed down to the rock below . . .

 . . . and was surrounded by big rocks

 . . . to the left

. . . and down below

 
From the hill, I could see the rock beach in the distance

The interesting remains of a plant

 More of the rock beach . . .

 . . . and those cute little pine cones

 
Someone forgot to pick up after himself

I've learned to be patient, because while the sunrise was at 7:39, it's worth sticking around for awhile to see this

No comments: