Monday, December 24, 2012

Sunrise, December 21, The First Beach

Because we were going out of town for the weekend, I went out on Friday morning, the 21st.  The wind was howling all night long, but by morning all was still.  I bundled up against the cold, but didn't see until I came home that it was only 5 degrees.  If I had checked before I got up, I may have just stayed in bed!  But really, I didn't feel the cold.  I even have great new Lands End boots to keep my toes toasty. 


I don't know how exactly wind affects waves, but they were awesome! Sunrise was at 7:49 a.m.  The morning was mostly clear, with just a few clouds along the horizon.  There wasn't a lot of color, and I ended up focusing more on waves than on the sunrise.  I started at the beach I always start at, then walked to the rock beach, then to the beach beyond that.  The following photos are from the first beach.

First hint of color




Rocks covered in glare ice 

Icicles hanging down






Art in nature




No comments: