Thursday, October 20, 2011

Photography Challenge Week 13: Silhouette

This week's photography challenge was silhouette, where the subject is lit from behind so it appears dark. This was a tough challenge for me. The best time to get a good silhouette photograph is around sunrise or sunset, so there's a limited time to capture the perfect photo. It was also overcast much of the week, so the lighting wasn't great. I went out in the morning in the middle of getting kids ready for school, so I didn't spend a lot of time on it. Here's what I ended up getting:

I like the color of the sunrise, but not the power lines.

No flash and no tripod makes for a blurry photo.

More blur.

Again, I like the color in this one, but there's too much going on. There's not one thing to focus on.

See more silhouettes at A Step in the Journey.



3 comments:

Little City Farm said...

You're right,..the colours are beautiful. Maybe Santa will bring you a tripod. ;)

Kei said...

Your photos are lovely! :D I don't think the power lines matter, they attract focus to the portion of the image with the trees in.
You captured such beautiful colours there :)

Rosa B. said...

Love the sunrise through the trees! :)