Thursday, October 6, 2011

Photography Challenge Week 11: Orange

The theme for this week's photography challenge is ORANGE. When I was walking on the trail behind our house, I noticed the orange arrow sign directing ATV's to the curve ahead. I played around with focusing on the sign versus focusing on the branches in front of the sign. This is my favorite:

The branches are in focus, but the orange of the sign is still prominent.

I really like this picture, but there wasn't enough orange showing.

These two I focused first on the sign, and then on the branch to get two different looks.
See more photos with orange at A Step in the Journey.

3 comments:

Little City Farm said...

This is a great exercise on subject placement. I love seeing how many different ways you can take essentially the same photo. Awesome!

Unknown said...

These are so original! I love the front focus!
Thank you for popping by!
Kerry at housetalkn.blogspot.com

Geneva said...

Fun photos. I especially like the way you played around with the focus ... TY for stopping by my blog.