Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Couch to 5K, Week 5

I was glad to be back to my Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule this week. Instead of every day being the same, each day gradually added more running time.
Monday was jog 5 minutes, walk 3, jog 5, walk 3, jog 5, 5 minute cool down walk.
Wednesday was jog 8 minutes, walk 5, jog 8, 5 minute cool down.
Friday was the big one--after the 5 minute warm up, jog for 20 minutes, then 5 minute cool down walk.
I was a little scared at the beginning of the week. I had just been getting used to running five minutes at a time. Now I'd be at 20 minutes by the end of the week?! The way I've been getting through the tough parts is just by putting one foot in front of the other, and telling myself to keep going. I don't remember specifics of each day's run, just that I made it through all the runs without stopping to walk--even the 20 minutes! I'll admit it was slow going for much of the 20 minutes, but I did it!
The music this week had a very strong beat, making it easier to set a pace for jogging. The weather was on the warm side, in the middle to upper 70's all three days.

No comments: