Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wednesday

We took a little family hike at Gooseberry Falls on Wednesday. Unfortunately, the pictures are still on the camera. I say little, but we took the loop trail with lots of steps--it rivaled and passed the number of steps we took at the Lake Vermilion cabin, I'm sure. My legs were sore for two days.
Since we were halfway to Two Harbors, we did a family grocery shopping trip. Shopping with the hubby always brings my total savings down as he buys things not on my list, but we still saved 32% ($72.97) with sales and coupons. We got a rotisserie chicken and were going to eat in a park, but it was so windy that when Remy let go of the paper plates I asked him to hold, they were across the parking lot in no time. We brought the food home instead (including a rhubarb raspberry pie from Betty's Pies).
Shopping trip highlights:

General Mills cereal was 4/$10, with a $4 store coupon when you buy 4. I used $1/2 Chex and $1/3 coupon on the other 3, so the total was $6.50 for 5 boxes of cereal, or $1.30 each.

Ragu was 2/$3, and I had $0.60 coupons for the Margerita (pizza flavored) variety, making each jar $0.90. Wacky Mac was $1.29-$0.75 coupon=$0.54.

JUST ADDED:
How could I forget my freebies? Bear Naked granola and Crystal Farms Better'n Eggs, both free with coupons I got for emailing the company.

Pamida double coupons:

Degree trial size deoderent and Suave deoderent were FREE after doubled coupons. No overage, they only double up to the price of the item.
Mentos gum was $2.09-$1 coupon doubled=$0.09 each
Pledge wipes were 2/$6 on sale-$1 coupons doubled=$1 each (regular price $4.79!)

I also got three tea bags from Yogi Tea in the mail this week:
Green Tea Super Anti-Oxidant, Himilayan Apple Spice, and Green Tea Goji Berry. Now if I could just find the coupon for a FREE box of tea they previously sent me.

Earlier this week, I picked up a couple things at Zups with coupons I've been watching for the right deal to use. One coupon was FREE (up to $2) sugar when you buy 10 packets of Kool Aid. Sugar was on sale for $1.99 and Kool Aid was 8/$0.99, so four pounds of sugar and 10 Kool Aid packets were $1.24.
I also had a coupon from Bar S for $5 of their products for FREE. I didn't want to buy hot dogs as there are plenty of hot dog deals all summer long, and we don't eat them often. Zups had the bacon on sale 2/$4 this week, so I got three packages for $1 after the coupon. We had BLT's that night, and have some bacon in the freezer for breakfast another day.

No comments: