Sunday, June 7, 2009

Groceries This Week

I must have been off my game a little this week as I only saved 36% ($97.84) this week. I had Ollie and Raina with me, and Ollie got fussy about halfway through so I had to carry him while pushing a heavy cart. A couple of things I didn't check the ad close enough and got the wrong variety--Lysol wipes were 2/$5, but only the citrus scent. I got one citrus and one spring, and the spring was $3.09. Old El Paso enchilada sauce was 4/$5 for regular or mild flavor. I picked out hot without realizing it, and it was $1.59. Then Hefty One Zip bags were 3/$5--great deal, especially since I had 3-$1 coupons and they would end up at $0.66 each. Of course I bought the wrong size and paid $2.99 a box ($1.99 after the coupons). My errors=$5.26.
I still got some good deals, though:
Dole spinach--$1.47
Dole Classic Romaine (not pictured)--$0.77
Brownberry bread--$3.89, buy one get one free, used 2-$1.00 coupons=$0.95 each (bonus: it's not made with high fructose corn syrup)
Klement's beef sticks--$3.00, used $2 coupon=$1.00
Pork chops--free with purchase of Kingsford charcoal and Vlasic pickles=$6.00 off the bill


BBQ sauce (as if I needed any more)--10/$10, used 1-$1 coupons and 1-$0.75 coupon=$0.25 for 2
Chi-Chi's salsa--$3.79, buy one get one free, used 2-$0.55 coupons=$1.35 each


M&M's--FREE with coupon from realchocolate.com. Check back every Friday through September to get your free chocolate! Each person can get up to four!

Bic utility lighters--$4.49, buy one get one free, used $1 coupon=$1.75 each. Great for lighting the grill! They also had peelies (peel off coupons) for $1 off any charcoal, so I used that toward my charcoal.

Not pictured: (they went in the fridge/freezer) Super One was celebrating the finishing of their remodel and had some special deals
Land O' Lakes 1/2 gallon o.j.--$0.97
Kemps chocolate milk 1/2 gallon--$0.97
Milk 1 gallon--$1.77
Flavorite butter--2/$3
Lynden Farms hash browns--$0.97

No comments: