Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Winter in Two Harbors

When none of my kids jumped at the chance to go grocery shopping with me recently, I happily shopped alone.  I brought my camera with, as it was about 10 degrees outside, certainly warmer than most of the month of January. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day.

Heavy winds form some interesting drifts

 
No shipping this time of year, just lots of ice


Ice-covered rocks

Shoreline






I think these two trees look like they're waving at each other


Can you believe people fish in the open in this cold weather? I'd be scared I'd slip right into the lake.

These Mountain Ash Berries were a bright pop of color against the sky


More interesting drift patterns



The following week, Barry and I were returning from Duluth as the sun was setting in Two Harbors:








No comments: