Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Top 13 Lake Superior Sunrises of 2013

Between the busyness of the holidays, massive snow, and artic temperatures, I have not been out to photograph the sunrise since November. Since I don't have any new photos to share, I thought I'd give you my top 13 favorite Lake Superior Sunrise photos of 2013.

The first day I saw ice built up on the lake

This ice-covered rock looks like a large creature frozen in the middle of the lake. I love the reflections of the clouds in the lake, too.

Calm ripples

After the April snowstorm

I like the silhouette of the trees against the orange sky


And sometimes the sky was pink

Lighting up through the leaves

Have to include one of Split Rock Lighthouse

Minimal sunrise

More ripples

Not exactly a sunrise photo, but I also enjoyed watching waves break against the shore, rocks, or driftwood

One of my personal favorites from 2013

This sky is what got me hooked on going out at sunrise

No comments: