Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sunrise, April 1

Because we were gone for the Easter weekend, I went out on Monday morning for the 6:44 a.m. sunrise.  It was 18 degrees, but much of the snow cover has melted and the beach was more sand than snow.

Ships are out on the lake again, and if you look closely in the middle of this photo, you can see one

Dawn

I didn't even have to park on the road this time!

The big snow and ice piles are almost gone



See the debris line?  I think the biggest waves must be in the middle of the night when I never see them

Twisted roots

Finally, the sun shines through the clouds

A long-lost flip flop left from a summer camping trip?


The return of the tire
(Remember when it was buried in sand?)

The melting snow/rushing water formed a gully up to about two feet deep and 12-18 inches across


Trapped air bubbles



This might be a loon, but the sun was so bright I couldn't tell for sure




No comments: