Tuesday, April 19, 2011

2011 Goals, April Update

Time for another update!

Spiritual Goals:
I finished reading through Proverbs. Some of my favorite verses:
18:10--The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. (This verse immediately brings to mind the praise and worship song with these words directly from Proverbs.)
18:22--He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord
19:14--Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the Lord. (These two give me a lot to live up to I think!)
19:21--Many are the plans in a mans heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
20:1--Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise.
21:9--Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.
And similarly, 21:19--Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife.
21:30--There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
22:6--Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
I could go on, but I won't. I was struck as I read through Proverbs by the comparisons made, of wise vs. foolish, lazy vs. hardworking, rich vs. poor, and I will strive to be wise and hardworking, and a good steward of all God has given me.
I'm now reading through Romans.

Marriage
Looking forward to a summer getaway, time and place yet to be decided.

Family
I know we played Uno a few times in March. That's all I remember.

Personal
Part two of my 40 by 40 coming soon!

Financial
My coupon jar had $76.62 at the end of March. I'm using the money to buy things that contribute to a healthier lifestyle. In March I bought Torani syrup for coffee as an alternative to the chemical concoction known as non-dairy creamer. It is made of natural ingredients, but still has a high amount of sugar, so it's not exactly healthy. I bought some seeds for the garden--if it ever warms up! I also bought a new digital scale so I can weigh myself with more accuracy.

Health and fitness
I exercised 14 days in March. I got a new scale partway through the month, but I think my weight stayed the same through the month. Still trying to make lots of little changes that lead to a healthier lifestyle.

Cleaning/organization
I followed the JustMommies task calendar and did many of the same jobs as I did in February. Thinking about doing some major spring cleaning soon.

No comments: