Saturday, February 5, 2011

2011 Goals, February Update

I set my 2011 goals a month ago. I've found some goals easier to attain than others.

Spiritual Goals:
I started reading Proverbs. I only got through chapter 4 in January. There are 31 chapters in Proverbs, so I hope to get to the end by the end of February.
I haven't done anything specific with the kids. I guess I'm overthinking, wanting to pick the right devotion book or readings, but I just need to pick something.

Marriage
It's Barry's busy time of year for work, so I don't see a weekend getaway in the near future. Probably in the summer, when I can send the kids to grandma's for a night or two!

Family
We haven't had a family game night since I posted my goals. I guess tonight's the night!

Personal
Still working on my 40 by 40 list. Hopefully more on this soon!

Financial
I set aside my coupon savings for January, and have $32.78 as of 1/31.

Health and fitness
I exercised 10 days in January (plus shoveled snow on a couple days), a little short of my goal of a minimum of three times per week. It can be a challenge because while Ollie sometimes likes to "exercise" with me, he also likes to use me as a jungle gym.

I did not lose any weight.
Still working on the sweets.
Have been eating more fresh fruits and veggies.
Losing weight is hard anytime, but it seems especially hard in January, the dead of winter, after the holiday excess.

Cleaning/organization
I followed the JustMommies task calendar and in January I wiped down kitchen chairs, wiped down baseboards in the living room, kitchen and bathroom, cleaned the kitchen sink area, replaced the furnace filter, vacuumed the insides of the couches, cleaned my oven, dusted the light fixtures in the living room, cleaned my refrigerator and microwave and washed out the trash can.

2 comments:

Abby & Jason said...

Sounds like you are doing pretty good so far! Keep it up.

Rebecca: said...

Jenny,

Just thought I would add, we LOVE "The Jesus Storybook Bible" by Sally Lloyd-Jones. It's not a devotional, obviously, but we really like it. It is geared to a a little older kid than mine, but I think Lydia gets a little out of it.