Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Last Week's Deals

Jackson and Raina didn't have school last Thursday and Friday, so we took a trip to visit Grandpas and Grandmas. I always like to scope out the deals while I'm down there, and here's what I found:
Target--

Luvs were $6.99-$5 coupon=$1.99

Up & Up wipes (replaced Target brand) were $1.54-$1 coupon=$0.54 each

Glade Scented Oil products were $2.50 each and you get a $5 Target gift card when you buy 5. I used a $2/2 coupon, 2 "free refill when you buy a holder" coupons, and $1 coupon, so all 5 were $4.50, and I got a $5 gift card back. I can also get a $5 rebate from SC Johnson (the parent company of Glade) for buying three products, essentially making this deal a $5.50 money maker!
I also bought some straw cups for Remy ($2.89), striped pants for Raina ($2) and Paul Frank monkey pajamas for Remy--I forgot to pack PJs for him ($6.48).

I did a second transaction and bought two kits for covering windows in the winter. They were on sale for $8, I used 2-$1 coupons and my $5 gift card from the first transaction, for a total of $10.10 for both kits.

Overall I saved about 48%.

Coborn's:

Hungry jack syrup was buy one get one free at $3.99. I used a $0.55 coupon and a coupon for free pancake mix when you buy syrup=$1.15 average for each item.
Snuggle was $4.59-$3 coupon=$1.59 each
Old Orchard apple juice was $0.99

I paid $8.14 total and saved $12.13, or 62%.

Cub Foods:

Ragu was $0.88 each.
We (mom and I) bought a few other things, including turkey at $0.39/pound, and saved 61%.

No comments: