Monday, September 28, 2009

School Papers

Kids come home with so many papers from school, especially in the younger elementary grades, that if I don't take care of them right away they end up in piles everywhere. Here's what I do to try to stay on top of them:
I have a folder for Raina's school work. I look through the papers and then put them in the folder. I put one month on one side and the next month on the other side. When the third month comes around, I empty out month 1 and recycle the papers (or keep a few if they're "special").
Weekly newsletters, notices from school about upcoming events or papers that need to be signed go on the fridge. I have a clip for each kid and go through these once a week. I also put the lunch menu here. Papers I no longer need either get recycled (if they are printed on both sides) or used as scratch paper (if the back is blank).

No comments: