Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pooperclip

WARNING: Do not read if you are easily offended by "poop talk".
The other day when I was cleaning up in the kitchen, I noticed Remy had a paper clip in his hand. I washed my hands and as I picked him up to take it away, he looked like he was trying to swallow something. He no longer had a paper clip in his hand. It was not on the floor around him, either. (You can guess where this is going, right?) Yes, Remy swallowed a paper clip.
I've heard of kids swallowing coins and other small objects and passing them out the other end, so I figured if I watched Remy closely for any signs of discomfort and examined his poop for a couple of days, everything would be fine.
Happily, the next evening the paper clip came out without incident.
Babyproofing is not an easy job.

No comments: